I've been away in Turkey for the past 7 days and so I havn't been able to update my blog untill now. Anyway, finally finished the rest of the houses and I'm pleased with the way they've turned out, still got a lot more texturing to do for my environment and i'm hoping to have at least 90% of it done by sunday night.
Thursday, 14 April 2011
So yesterday i began to texture my environment, my plan was to atleast get 3 of the house done but didn't even manage to finish one, and this was down to the fact that I wasn't using tiling but just using the unwrap. Today I gotten alot more done and this time I did use tiling but I also was able to use the unwrap at the same time. For the texture I've basically tiled the walls and then projected the texture back onto the unwrap, this allowed me to put the texture back into photoshop and add more textures such as grime. Also for the wall I used Crazy Bump to get a normal map out of the texture to add a bit more depth to it and the walls above the brick wall (with the patterns) I model them myselfs and then projected back onto the lowpoly version in order to get the normal map from that.
Because the environment is set in the future i decided at the early stage of my pre-production that I wasn't going to make the houses seem brand new but a mixture of old and new, and that why in this texture there is a damaged wall but then there is also a door that is designed to slide open. (which also to fit the renaissance I've done a decorative pattern on the door) Still gots some more work to do on it but apart from that I'm pleased with the way its starting to turn out
Wednesday, 6 April 2011
Tuesday, 5 April 2011
Today I started to model some of the cars props such as the mirror, hub caps and gas cap etc. The car still isn't finished but it is getting there, I just need to model the front and back but due to the fact that the front of the car has a very akward shape to it, its definatly something that will take some time to do.
Friday, 1 April 2011
Started to model my vehicle for my personal project this week, I had hoped to get it finished by friday but unfortunatly that didn't happened. This was mainly because I started the model again due to the fact that I wasn't liking the way it looked, this actually happened 3 times and on the fourth model it was finally going in the right direction. Due to the fact that I've wasted nearly a week on this I do plan to do more modelling over the weekend to catch up with my schedule.