Friday, 12 November 2010


Hey guys so here are a couple of designs that I've drawn up for this project that I'm working on outside of uni. Like I said before its all very much hush hush right about now so I can't go into too much detail about it. What I can say though is that I'm having a great time working on it and I can't wait to see the final result.

Thursday, 11 November 2010

Final Major: Environment

For my final major I've decided that I wanted to do an environment, and after much thought I decided to do somewhere that had a renasissance style to it. I particually looked at Florence Italy and Venice and did have my mind set on a scene in Florence but then I decided to go with Venice instead a do one of the Cananls.
After pitching the idea to my tutors it became obvious that the idea of the environment was starting to dive to much into the style of the game Assassins Creed 2, so because of this I have decided to set the scene in the future. By doing this it allows me to have more control over the scene.
The idea to set it in the future also means that I can be a bit more creative so an idea I had was to make the gondolas being rowed by a robot and not by a human.

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Maya Project: Environment

Hey guys, probably been quite a some time since I last updated the blog so I thought I better get on it soon or other wise I wouldn't updated at all.
So I'm back in Uni in my 3rd year, still do the Artistic side of the subject and still loving it. Right now I'm working on my pre-production for my two personal projects in which I making an environment and a vehicle, and my two colabrative projects for a VFX movie that my two friends Joe and Aled are making. My other colabrative project is helping some guys outside of uni but the project is very hush hush so I can't go into too much detail about it.

As this is my first entry for the 3rd year, I thought I would put up the first project we did. The aim of this project was to create an environment, so I decided to create an abandon warehouse that could be use in a multiplayer game, mainly a shot-em up. As well as that we also had to use Maya which it being a program I never used before, and since the project was only 3 weeks long (with the first week being pre-production) trying to learn it in 2 weeks was a bit of challenge but I did get their in the end. Overall I'm not sure whether or not I was pleased with the outcome of this project, and I think that's why I decided to create another environment for my final major just because I know I'm going to have alot more time to work on it.
Later on I will post some of my pre-production designs for my Final Major